An addition the agenda here:
Chief Inspector Bob Paris (Central Edinburgh Local Area Commander) has just confirmed that he is attending NTBCC's August meeting to give an update on how the officers funded by Edinburgh Council are progressing within Central Edinburgh.
Click to see the bulletin:
Topics covered include
- Abbeyhill Mural
- City Centre Voluntary Sector Forum update
- New Waverley Community Fund
- Putting the tea in CommuniTy
- What's on
(adapted from an email from Edinburgh Council - click for full text of that email: Public toilets)
Following consultation, we can advise that the toilets below will be closed over the following timescales:
- Ardmillan – end of July 2015
- Canaan Lane – end of July 2015
- Canonmills – end of July 2015
- Currie – end of July 2015
- Granton Square – end of July 2015
- Joppa – end of August 2015
- Juniper Green – end of July 2015
- London Road – end of August 2015
- St John’s Road – end of August 2015
- Tollcross – end of August 2015
The toilets at Hawes Pier and Middle Meadow Walk will not be closed at this time, while the options for these sites are reviewed.
To lessen the impact of the closures, the Council is establishing a Community Toilet Scheme with interested businesses across the city. This would result in participating businesses allowing members of the public to use their toilet facilities without expecting them to make a purchase, in exchange for an annual payment from the Council.
It is appreciated that there will be some impact following these closures. To help mitigate this, there have been over 60 additional toilet facilities identified in Council buildings around the city that are available for the public to use. These are located in various Libraries, Community Centres, Edinburgh Leisure facilities and Neighbourhood Offices, and information about these toilet facilities is available here on the Council’s website. Nearly 20 public toilets will remain open.
If you would like to make an enquiry about public toilet closures, please call 0131 529 3030 or email email@example.com.