The Environment committee addresses issues such as those listed below in so far as they affect residents of the New Town and Broughton:
- Waste management
- Parks and green spaces, including Calton Hill, St Andrew Square, King George V Park, Hopetoun Crescent Garden, Barony Street Play Park, Broughton Road Play Park, Broughton Road Bowling and Putting Greens.
- Street cleaning/community litter picks/graffiti removal/dog fouling etc
- CEC policy consultations on relevant issues (recent examples include Open Space Strategy/ Parks Events Manifesto/Planning Guidance on Gardens and Designed Landscapes/ Natural History Strategy/Trees in the City - Trees and Woodlands Action Plan).
See below for latest news items:
- Waste issues – who to contact
- Communal Waste Bins on London Street
- Funding and training opportunities, participatory budgeting videos
- NTBCC minutes – ordinary meeting Monday 8 May 2017
- NTBCC minutes – AGM Monday 8 May 2017
- Community Choices fund: new money for participatory budgeting
- NTBCC June agenda