The Environment committee addresses issues such as those listed below in so far as they affect residents of the New Town and Broughton:
- Waste management
- Parks and green spaces, including Calton Hill, St Andrew Square, King George V Park, Hopetoun Crescent Garden, Barony Street Play Park, Broughton Road Play Park, Broughton Road Bowling and Putting Greens.
- Street cleaning/community litter picks/graffiti removal/dog fouling etc
- CEC policy consultations on relevant issues (recent examples include Open Space Strategy/ Parks Events Manifesto/Planning Guidance on Gardens and Designed Landscapes/ Natural History Strategy/Trees in the City - Trees and Woodlands Action Plan).
See below for latest news items:
- NTBCC minutes – Monday 11 September 2017
- Edinburgh flat residents – what do you think of on street recycling bins?
- Calton Hill Draft Management Plan
- The care & conservation of shared georgian gardens
- NTBCC agenda – Monday 9 October 2017
- Have your say! Protection and maintenance of Edinburgh’s setted streets
- NTBCC minutes – Monday 11 August 2017