New Town & Broughton Community Council Planning Committee reviews the weekly list of planning applications received by the Council for our area, making a representation where appropriate. Community councils are a statutory consultee in the planning process and as such can request an extension to the normal period for providing comments to City of Edinburgh Council Planning.
Generally we do not comment on applications which might be classed as 'home improvements' to existing properties but instead look at applications which are larger in scale, unless there are is significant interest by local residents groups or individual residents.
We would also be active in any pre-consultation activity (as normally required for a larger development) as well as providing input to longer term planning strategy to Edinburgh Council.
If you feel that we have missed a relevant application or that we should be taking action over a particular application please contact us.
See below for latest news items:
- NTBCC minutes – ordinary meeting Monday 8 May 2017
- NTBCC minutes – AGM Monday 8 May 2017
- NTBCC June agenda
- NTBCC minutes – Monday 10 April 2017
- Agenda for AGM, Monday 8 May at 7:30
- The Scottish Planning System – response to Scottish Government’s Consultation on Planning Reform
- NTBCC April meeting agenda