New Town & Broughton Community Council has responded to the draft Edinburgh Tourism Strategy 2030.
NTBCC’s full response is here: NTBCC Response to draft Edinburgh Tourism 2030 Strategy.
The executive summary of NTBCC’s response is:
- The Strategy does not provide adequate information to allow those responsible for its approval and implementation to understand the expected outcomes and thus required actions.
- The Strategy has been prepared in isolation with insufficient recognition of the overall goals of the Council in particular regarding climate change and improved health and well-being.
- The Strategy fails to address the real concerns of residents regarding the impact of current and forecast levels of tourism on Edinburgh.
- The level of consultation with the wider Edinburgh community and in particular Community Councils has been inadequate and is occurring too late in the development of the Strategy.
- There is a need to undertake a more thorough review of the Strategy to ensure it is compatible with the overall goals of the Council and the needs of residents.