Minutes of New Town & Broughton Community Council’s annual general meeting, held at Broughton St Mary’s church (some attendance via Zoom), on Monday 13 June 2022 at 7pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. ND (‘no dissent’) means that no-one spoke or voted against a decision.
Items 1 to 5 and item 7 were chaired by Carol Nimmo. Item 6 was chaired by Bruce Ryan. Continue reading
We are pleased to announce an extra meeting to our published schedule to cover several delayed items from June. Although this may be the start of the holiday season, we very much hope members of the public will join us either for part or for the whole of the meeting.
As usual, we’re asking that everyone who wants to receive the Zoom link to register via Eventbrite: www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/new-town-broughton-community-council-monthly-extra-meeting-by-zoom-tickets-380549994277
Anyone who wants to raise an issue for discussion can do so either by submitting a Contact Us form (links to ntbcc.org.uk) or send a message via Twitter @NTBCC
- Minutes of 13th June 2022 AGM and matters arising
- Minutes of 13th June 2022 ordinary meeting and matters arising
- Police report
(To note, key messages from Police report if/as received & circulated prior to meeting)
- Presentation: Richard Murphy Architects/RHSPT
Amended National Music School application (22/02449/FUL & 22/02450/LBC)) and Q&A
- East London Street – presentation by ELS residents and Lothian Buses
(To discuss: 15 minutes)
- ETRO Consultation – update on NTBCC response & next steps
- EV charging – status update on recently installed chargers & plan to meet with EV team
- Additional public houses in the First New Town vs Over-provisioning
- Temporary venues including St James Square, New Parliament House, etc
- 27 – 29 Beaverhall Road (HUB) application: update to NTBCC response & follow-ups
- Powderhall (Phase III) Waste Transfer site: pre-consultation – pre-application consultation
- Current Short Term Let (Retrospective) planning applications – latest news
- Waste Management – Communal Bin Hub proposed trial for World Heritage site – latest news
- Edinburgh World Heritage Management Plan – NTBCC position re. proposed engagement
- Any other business & news from local Residents’ Associations etc
Minutes of New Town & Broughton Community Council’s ordinary meeting, held via Zoom, on Monday 9 May 2022 at 7pm
NTBCC’s minutes secretary apologises for the late publication of these minutes.
This is our first in-person meeting for over 2 years. Members of the public are very welcome to attend this meeting either in-person or via Zoom – there are two Eventbrite links:
In order to know numbers, we’re asking everyone including community councillors to register. Registration via either link covers both the AGM and the ordinary meeting that will immediately follow it.
For the first time in over 2 years, NTBCC’s June meeting will be an ‘in-person’ event in the main sanctuary of Broughton St Mary’s Church on Bellevue Crescent.
This will start with the Annual General meeting (AGM), immediately followed by our normal June meeting.
- In order to gauge the number of attendees, we’re asking everyone to register if they plan to attend in person via the Eventbrite link here.
- There will also be an option to attend virtually – if this option is desired, please register via a separate Eventbrite link here to receive the Zoom details.
We have been exploring options for holding for hybrid meetings and now believe that with the new facilities available in Broughton St Mary’s , we are more confident of being able to successfully hold a hybrid meeting but with the focus on it being an in-person event.
The full agenda for the AGM and June meeting will be published soon on our website, www.ntbcc.org.uk/meetings/
We look forward to as many residents as possible joining us for this as well as local councillors – both those newly-elected or those who have been re-elected folllowing the 5 May Council elections.
Minutes of the Community Councils Together on Trams/Trams Team meeting on Wednesday 14 April 2022 at 5:30pm, at Trams project compound (165 Leith Walk)
Actions and decisions are red italic. ‘TT’ means ‘Trams Team’. Names are mostly abbreviated to initials. Continue reading