Carbon Neutral Edinburgh 2030: Roundtable is a Zoom meeting, organised by Transition Edinburgh (www.transitionedinburgh.org.uk) and the Council. It is on at 6-8pm, Wednesday 12 August.
People in civil society organisations can book a place via
From the Eventbrite page:
Our city has an ambitious target to reach carbon neutral by 2030. Join this roundtable to collectively build momentum across civil society and local government to meet the target in Edinburgh.
We’re inviting people in civil society organisations whose purpose is to generate awareness and action on emissions reduction across Edinburgh. The event is co-hosted by civil society and The City of Edinburgh Council.
We will be joined by Dr Sam Gardner, Chair of Edinburgh Climate Commission and Councillor Adam McVey, Leader of the Council and Vice Chair of the Commission.
This interactive session will:
- Generate a shared picture of the action taking place in the city
- Explore actions open to civil society, the City of Edinburgh Council and the Edinburgh Climate Commission
- Contribute to our collective ambition for the city and identify ways of working together to accelerate progress.
Colleagues can share www.facebook.com/events/914192189091728
Background Documents to read BEFORE participating:
- “Forward, Faster, Together” Edinburgh Climate Commission recommendations for a Green Recovery
- 23 July Council Report: Edinburgh Climate Commission and Sustainability Programme Update
- Contribute your ideas to the Edinburgh Talks Climate citizens’ dialogue
This event will contribute to work under the Place-based Climate Action Network (P-CAN) collaboration with Leeds and Belfast – led by Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation and the EIT Climate-KIC Healthy, Clean Cities Deep Demonstration in Edinburgh.