The Licensing committee reviews new applications for licensed premises and variations to existing licences for premises within the area the New Town and Broughton Community Council represents. It also reviews other licences as they arise, such as for street traders and tattoo parlours.

In addition, the New Town and Broughton Community Council will attempt to assist residents who have problems with, for example, noise from licensed premises, but residents are also encouraged to report noise to the Council emergency line (0131 200 2000) at the time the problem occurs. Residents are reminded that noise from licensed premises does not just need to be acceptable, but most licences require music noise to be totally inaudible from within neighbouring residential properties.

See below for latest news items: