How to report overflowing bins

The following reporting portals simply ask you to pin the overflowing bin/litter on the map:

When you fill in either of these, you can put in your email address and receive an update when it’s emptied.

NTBCC suggests bookmarking these on your phone’s browser so you can report issues as soon as you see them

Edinburgh councillors from the City Centre (11) and Leith Walk (12) wards who attend NTBCC have also encouraged as much reporting as possible, as it allows the Council to spot patterns where issues arise, and allows councillors to scrutinise areas where there are concerns.

There is also a report due to the Council’s Transport and Environment committee in the coming weeks on how to best report vandalised bins. In the meantime, please let the Council know about damaged bins using or 0131 200 2000.

Your local ward councillor details can also be found at and via the ‘About’ page on this website.

NTBCC thanks Cllr Jack Caldwell for compiling this information.