(adapted from an email from AECOM)
I write to offer you a brief progress update on the City of Edinburgh Council Community Links Plus project, Meadows to George Street: Streets for People. Our first stage of engagement is now at an end and we would like to thank everyone who has offered their views and perspectives so far. Some of the initial key messages we have received to date are:
- Wider pavements requested to cope with the volumes of pedestrians
- Better and safer pedestrian crossing opportunities
- Cycling provision that is separate from motor traffic and pedestrians
- Rationalise/remove street clutter which can cause issues during busy periods
- Access for ALL must guide the project proposals
- Visitors observed how busy the streets were, particularly with road traffic
You can find more detail about what we did and what we’ve learned on the project webpage here. Our next update will be linked to the forthcoming stage of consultation on initial concept designs for the project.
Please ear in mind you can also sign up for updates on the project webpage above at any time.
Deborah Paton TPP MRTPI MTPS
Associate Director, Transport Planning
D +44-131 301 8756
1 Tanfield, Edinburgh
EH3 5DA, United Kingdom.