Minutes of New Town & Broughton Community Council’s AGM, held via Zoom, on Monday 12 October 2020 at 7pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. ND (‘no dissent’) means that no-one spoke or voted against a decision.
Edinburgh Council has clearly stated that online AGMs are acceptable under the current coronavirus restrictions.
The meeting opened online at 6:45 pm to enable all attendees to connect before the start of business.
1 Attendance/apologies for absence
|Mike Birch||NTBCC, RRCTMA||Carol Nimmo||NTBCC|
|David Clarke||NTBCC||Richard Price||NTBCC|
|Jonathan Finn||NTBCC||Nicholas Reid||NTBCC, India St Association|
|Laura Graham||NTBCC||Sheila Warnock||NTBCC, Great King St RA|
|Stephen Hajducki||NTBCC||Peter Williamson||NTBCC, Picardy Residents|
|Deirdre Henderson||NTBCC||Bruce Ryan||Minutes secretary|
|Simon Holledge||NTBCC||Alan McIntosh||Broughton Spurtle|
|Jack Hugh||NTBCC,||Cllr Jo Mowat||City centre ward|
|Susan MacInnes||NTBCC||Cllr Hal Osler||Inverleith ward|
|Stuart McAllister||NTBCC||9 residents/visitors|
1.b Apologies for absence
|Susanna Beaumont||NTBCC||James Kilner||NTBCC|
|Susan Duff||NTBCC||Deidre Brock MP||Edinburgh North and Leith|
2 Approval of 2019 AGM Minutes
Approved subject to correction of very minor typos (proposed D Clarke, seconded P Williamson, ND)
3 Chair’s report summary
See full report in the Annual Accounts as distributed previously. The chair noted
- In May, NTBCC met virtually for the first time using Zoom. This is now NTBCC’s 5th virtual meeting. Given current guidance, there are likely to be more.
- Monthly meetings are arguably the smallest part of NTBCC’s work – there is much else, including much engagement with consultations, including those on City Mobility Plan and the Local Development Plan (‘Choices for City Plan 2030’). There were many such consultations.
- A ‘new’ NTBCC was formed in October, following ‘pretty shambolic’ running of CC elections by CEC, with a full complement of members, including 4 new members and 4 new representatives from local interest groups.
- Work immediately began on issues around Princes St gardens, e.g. tree-cutting, Xmas market, Quaich Project etc NTBCC is now collaborating with 4 other city-centre CCs and the Cockburn Association
- The chair welcomed N Reid as the new representative of India St Association, and thanked A Jack for his previous work.
- The chair thanked all NTBCC members for their work leading to consensus on submissions. She looks forward to continuing to improve engagement with residents, and thanked S Holledge for his work on this. She thanked B Ryan for minutes and technical support, and R Price for his work as secretary and support of her as chair.
The report was approved (proposed R Price, seconded L Graham).
4 Treasurer’s Report
See full report in the Annual Accounts as distributed previously. The treasurer noted
- NTBCC runs on a budget of ~£1000 per year, thanks to members’ voluntary work and not charging NTBCC for expenses.
- Significant costs include minutes secretary (£450 in 2019/20), venue-hire (£360, but £300 extra grant covered most of this); advertising costs were lower than previous years. Venue-hire in 2020/21 should be reduced due to online meetings, but may well increase when in-person meetings resume. NTBCC has sufficient reserves for a couple of years.
The report was approved (proposed D Henderson, seconded L Graham).
The full set of accounts was approved (proposed M Birch, seconded D Henderson).
5 Engagement report
The chair noted that S Holledge is now secretary of Edinburgh Association of Community Councils, and looked forward to EACC hence becoming more dynamic. She commended SH’s work on NTBCC’s Engagement Report.
6 Election of Office Bearers
There were no other candidates. All candidates accepted their nominations and were thus duly elected.
|Chair||C Nimmo||R Price||S Holledge|
|Secretary||L Graham||S Holledge||J Finn|
|Treasurer||R Price||C Nimmo||D Henderson|
|Engagement officer||S Holledge||C Nimmo||R Price|
Action: NTBCC to appoint vice-chair, convenors, tweeter(s) etc at the subsequent NTBCC business meeting on 19 October.
NB some changes were made at the business meeting:
- R Price became Vicechair
- M Birch became Treasurer.
7 Any other business