Short-term lets: how to complain

If you are suffering because of a short-term let near you, then you can submit a complaint to Edinburgh Council.

Edinburgh Council’s website says

A short term let is a property which is let out to visitors on a commercial basis for short periods of time. Often the whole property is let as holiday accommodation. In other cases, the host will continue to live in the property and let out a room or rooms to visitors.

We are concerned about the impact of aspects of short term letting, such as the influence on

  • housing supply
  • the city and its residents
  • communities
  • planning matters
  • safety standards
  • anti-social behaviour.

Report a problem with a short term let to planning

Report ongoing noise or anti-social behaviour issues