Minutes of New Town & Broughton Community Council’s ordinary meeting, at Broughton St Mary’s church, on Monday 9 October 2023 at 7pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. ND (‘no dissent’) means that no-one spoke or voted against a decision. Continue reading
(adapted from an email from the Scottish Government)
A public consultation on the use and regulation of fireworks in Scotland is now live, running until Monday 13th May.
The Scottish Government seeks views on how people use and enjoy fireworks, the impact they have on people and communities across Scotland, as well as their impact on animals. It also seeks views on the sale of fireworks to the general public, and ideas on what action can be taken to ensure fireworks continue to be enjoyed safely and responsibly.
While much of the current legislation on the sale of fireworks is reserved to Westminster the consultation will help to identify gaps, issues or unintended consequences with the current regulatory framework.
Alongside the consultation, there will be a series of engagement events to create opportunities for members of the public, alongside local partners, to deliberate on the key issues and discuss with others what could be done going forward. Details of events alongside access to the consultation on Citizen Space can be found via the following link https://consult.gov.scot/safer-communities/fireworks/
The consultation events that have been organised so far:
- Wednesday 13thFebruary, 6- 8 pm at Craigroyston Community High School, Edinburgh
- Monday 18thFebruary, 5 – 7 pm at Pollokshields Community Centre, Glasgow
- Thursday 28thFebruary, 1-3 pm and 5-7 pm at The Attic, Tolbooth, Stirling
- Tuesday 5thMarch, 2-4 pm at New Register House, Edinburgh
- Tuesday 19thMarch, 2-4 pm and 6-8 pm at Perth Leisure Pool, Perth
- Thursday 21stMarch, 2-4 pm at Spectrum Community Centre, Inverness
- Thursday 21stMarch, 6-8 pm at Jurys Inn, Inverness
- Monday 29thApril, 2-4 pm and 6-8 pm at Civic Rooms, Town Hall, Aberdeen
Events are also being planned in Elgin, Paisley, Dumfries and Galloway and the Islands.