NTBCC submitted the following in response to the consultation at Licensing Board Policy Consultation – Phase 2 – City of Edinburgh Council – Citizen Space on 12 November.
1 Your details
||New Town & Broughton
||licensing (at) ntbcc.org.uk
|Yes, I consent to being contacted about this consultation:
2 Are you responding as an individual or as an organisation?
Organisation Continue reading
Adapted from the post on the Council’s Consultation Hub, the Edinburgh Licensing Board is interested in the public’s views on its new draft Statement of Licensing Policy.
Closing date for online submissions: 12 November 2023.
Should you have any queries or concerns, or wish to share your views with NTBCC – please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Having taken account of the responses received to its first phase of consultation, the Edinburgh Licensing Board has agreed a series of amendments and proposals to its new draft policy statement and is inviting comment on those and the terms of the policy in general.
View the amended draft policy statement.
Responses to this second consultation will be reported to the Board for consideration in November, and the Board will then agree and publish the final version of the policy.
Full details can be found here: Licensing Board Policy Consultation – Phase 2 – City of Edinburgh Council – Citizen Space
Note that the Board has agreed to carry out a separate consultation on its assessment of overprovision, to form the subject of a Supplementary Statement of Licensing Policy. The Board is working towards a six month timeline, with the Supplementary Statement to be included in the new policy by Spring 2024.
The current Assessment of Overprovision as set out in Chapter 8 will continue to form part of the Board’s Statement of Licensing Policy meanwhile.
NTBCC submitted the following in response to the consultation at https://consultationhub.edinburgh.gov.uk/cg/licensing-board-policy-consultation on 14 December at 18:12:34. (The PDF of the submission is here. In this post, some repetitions of questions have been deleted for clarity.) Continue reading
Meeting starts 7pm. It’s in-person, in the Drummond Room at Broughton St. Mary’s Church.
Anyone who wants to raise an issue for discussion can do so either by submitting a Contact Us form (links to ntbcc.org.uk) or send a message via Twitter @NTBCC
- Admin / Welcome
- Minutes of 10th October 2022 meeting and matters arising
- Police report – including Police Scotland response on suggested format
Presentation by Drummond Community High School representatives: ‘Cost of Living’ initiative
- ‘Statement of Licensing Policy‘ (including over-provision) – closes 20th December
- ‘House in Multiple Occupation conditions‘ – closes 30th December
- Current miscellaneous Licensing Board applications
- Consultation: ‘Short-term Let Planning Guidance for Edinburgh‘– closes 22nd December
- Consultation: ‘World Heritage Site Management Plan‘ – closes 12th December
- Update to non-statutory ‘Guidance for Listed Building and Conservation Areas‘ – October 2022 update
- ‘Trams to Newhaven’ – report / follow-up on recent NTBCC/CEC walk-through
- Lothian Buses / East London St etc. – next steps
- Participation Request
- EV charging – Focus group sessions 15th/17th November
- Environment – discussion following decisions taken at T&E Committee on 3rd November
- Picardy Place : Final Design development proposal as agreed on 3rd November
- George Street & First New Town project – report / next steps
- Communal Bin Review – outwith Gull Proof Sack Areas update (note to be circulated.
- To note
- ‘Use of Public Spaces for Events & Filming” – report expected at December’s Culture & Communities Cmte
- Communal Bin Review: World Heritage Site streets – recycling trial
- Any Other Business & news from local Residents’ Associations etc.